Day 1 of SMX East 2014
It was a great day today at SMX East 2014 in New York City. I’ve met some cool people, learned some new things, and refreshed on others. Some key sharable takeaways that I picked up from the sessions I attended are:
- SEO is not a project
- Check your website log files to see how Google actually accesses your site
- Social is the authentic face of a brand
- IF social is discovery, THEN search is validation
- When researching your competitors, there is no “magic metric” to base off of. It depends who your online competitors are and your market.
- Pull data, record, watch!
- Today’s grey hat is tomorrow’s black hat. Today’s white hat is tomorrow’s grey hay
- Twitter cards and Facebook Open Graph is some pretty powerful stuff if implemented correctly
- "Go ahead and do it!"
There’s some food for thought for the night before becoming crammed with more gems tomorrow.
If you are at the conference and have a little down time tomorrow, tweet me (@kenhkelly) and let’s meet up and talk some shop.
If you need a mobile friendly handy access to the agenda, check out my mobile pocket agenda (removed).